Monday, June 11, 2007

Pictures



Everything is my lab is going great! I love Australia and I don't know if I want to come back. Here they work to live not live to work, except in my lab. My advisor and I are the last two people in the department to leave EVERY night, but its good because I'm getting a lot done. I've run tons of EPR on samples that are actually interesting looking and the best part is I don't have to make them. Last Thursday I actually changed the cavity on the EPR machine, which is a big deal. It was cool and I knew what I was doing because I've watched so many times since I've been here. I also caught several mistakes that were being made in the lab it just goes to show that Dr. Warncke and Dr. Canfield (the post-doc who trained me at Emory) did a good job of teaching me how to take care of the equipment.


Socially things are going much better here! Yesterday was a holiday they call "The Queen's Birthday" even though it isn't actually her birthday, because of the holiday I got the day off of work. I went sailing for the first time with UQSail and it was amazing! I have a new hobby. This weekend I also got to go to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. It was wonderful and I found out that I love kangaroos. They are really cool animals.

No comments: