Thursday, July 26, 2007

Close to the end...

Last weekend, Clarissa and I went to Bordeaux and visited nearby St. Emilion (great wine...thought about smuggling some into the US illegally) and Arcachon. We definitely owe Kanwei for that wonderful suggestion. The Arcachon beaches are beautiful and the view from dune de Pilat (tallest sand dune in Europe) was amazing!

So I finished up my last set of experiments today, but because my lab presentation is tomorrow morning, we didn't have time to actually make any photos =( Basically I don't have any results, but as consolation for having to be in lab 11 hours today, Thomas spent almost an hour at the microscope and took a nice picture of the control to put in my powerpoint. It was really sweet of him to do that, considering it was 9pm already. I can't believe tomorrow is my last day in lab...those ten weeks flew by far too quick. At least I'll still be in Paris for a few more days, and then I'm off to London for a week!

I'm going to miss all my new friends, my wonderful lab...and all the amazing things about Parisian life. Thanks IRES for this wonderful opportunity!

Angelica

No comments: