Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So this will probably be my last post from Australia. I have a week and a half left in the lab and tons to do. My advisor is out of the country for my last two weeks so it is just me and the postdoc who does all the computer work. It is a bit scary to think that I am running serious equipment with no one to help me with troubleshooting but I'm actually doing really well and things are actually going smoother than they have all summer.

This has been an amazing experince for me and I'm realizing that I really do like research. At home it is a bit too theoretical for me but here everything is hands on and very experimental...I don't have to think too hard either. I'm working really long hours (12-15 hour) days so that I can get all the work that needs to be done for two papers, which I am really excited about. [I also work that long so I can take Friday afternoons off :)]

Last weekend I went surfing with some friends. They all knew how to surf, but they just told me to get on the board and try...with minimal instructions! It was really fun. I can get every wave I want but I have a hard time standing. I got to my knees, but I think I either need some practice or some coaching before I can stand.

I'm glad to see from the posts that everyone is having a great time! See you all soon.
Cheers!
RC

No comments: