Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Update



Here are some pictures from our fiesta to celebrate all of the research groups moving into the new PRBB - Parc de Recerca Biomedica Barcelona, right on the sea! It began with some sort of um? surreliast act, live music, then a DJ pumping some pretty hard-core techno and of course tapas throughout

My project is coming around, we have been working on calibrating the GC/MS machines to the ions we want and bringing down the sensitivity. One difference with the vivarium here is that I have to change bedding, cages, food and water for my mice and with 80 little fellas that is a lot of work! I love how my project runs the gamut from detecting 162amu ions to handling 45g mice.

I even got to sit in on a human MDMA pharmacology experiment since one of the docs here insisted that I see one before returning to the states. I could write a whole paper about it and the ethics etc. but I will spare you for now -

Naoki

No comments: