Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Eve of Departure

Well, I leave tomorrow, and i'll admit that i'm pretty damn nervous. Among other things, i have 18 hours of flight tomorrow. I won't be getting into my hostel until sometime after midnight local time. Can't really think of much else to say right now except reiterate my anxiety. I've been out of the country for extended periods before, but now i'm basically going alone to a country completely unknown to me. I'll fill you in on progress during the next 48 hours.

2 comments:

me said...

Hang in there, Ben! It will be alright.

An 18 hour flight sounds daunting, hope you get some zzzz's en route.

Leah said...

It will be alright, Ben! Own your anxiety, write about it here and in your journal. It will be really interesting for you to read when you are back home this fall.

Do try to get some sleep on the plane as Cathy suggested, and I also recommend doing the in-seat exercises to keep the blood flowing through your legs!

Please check in with us when you arrive! See if the internet is really that much faster in Japan.