Thursday, June 19, 2008


Life is slowly settling into a grind here. I've finally gotten my hands on a bicycle which improves my range of travel considerably. Unfortunately, since i haven't ridden a bike in about 10 years, i still feel pretty unstable on it. There have been crashes, which i'm not proud of.
Food is pretty similar here as to what it is in america. They have all the same brand names, of course most everything is in japanese. The one major exception i've seen to this so far is wine and spirits, which are often completely in english (thank God). Oh, and for the record, seeing a Budweiser beer can in Japanese has got to be the funniest thing i've ever seen.
Unfortunately, i have a group meeting in just a minute, so i have to run, but i'll post more later today.

1 comment:

me said...

Pedal on, Ben! Glad you have wheels. I've been told bruises are signs of pain leaving your body--wear them proudly.