Tuesday, May 29, 2007

From Marseille...

This is my third week in the lab, and I'm really enjoying my time here. Things have been sort of slow in the lab this week and last. Last week, most of the lab went to a French neuroscience conference. I stayed in the lab and shadowed a couple of people. I have not actually started on a project, although I have been introduced to two different ones. Both projects involve the same in situ hybridization technique. Depending on the results we get from the two different projects this week, I will join one of the projects next week.

I've met some people in my dorm (I live on the university campus). They have showed me around some of the surrounding area of Marseille, particularly these rocky inlets called the Calanques. I went swimming in the Mediterranean last weekend, but didn't last long since the water was so cold.

I'll update you about my project either next week or the week after, depending on how this week's experiments go.

Cosby

No comments: