Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Naoki, checking in from Barcelona

Do you play basketball?

That's the first question I was asked as I met the folks in my lab. Seems they are organizing a game tomorrow evening. Then we went for lunch and had un cafe out by the beach. Sodexho sponsors the hospital cafeteria, go figure.

Today was my first day, I arrived yesterday after being in Wisconsin for NCAA T&F Nationals.

I will meet tomorrow with the lady in charge of their vivarium to see if I can bypass the requirement for vivisection training. Otherwise things are falling into place, we will do a test run on our procedure next Friday. I have some papers to read about their methods for determining plasma drug levels but it is mainly gc and mass spec. Big shout out to Dr.(s) Y and G for educating me on the biochem tip. I don't think many people know I'm just an undergrad yet.


Here is a picture of headquarters and a view from my balcony down onto Rbla de Catalunya. I have two English speaking roomates to keep me company though my Castellano has gotten me farther than I expected.














Until next time, Naoki O

PS - IRES is amazing I am already loving it. Thank you, thank you , thank you, THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Randi said...

I hope you did well at nationals!